Disney are to release a new trailer for The Lone Ranger on Tuesday because, you know, we can’t have too many trailers for big budget movies crammed into this next week.
Ahead of that release, USA Today have done a piece on the film – or rather on Armie Hammer’s mask. That’ll do for a start, anyhow.
Here’s costume designer Penny Rose on that distinctive domino disguise:
The original was felt. It was something you could buy at a joke shop. If you’re going to reinvent a whole story, you’ve got to come up with something unusual and exciting. And above all it has to be cool. Armie has the white hat, that hair and those fabulous eyes. It seemed kind of weak to do it in anything other than leather.
Perhaps more immediately engaging is Lego’s first promo-image for their tie-in Lone Ranger sets. Look:
Hey! That doesn’t look like leather to me.
The Lego sets’ April release date is way ahead of the film’s July 3rd opening so kids can be all played out before they even get a chance to see the movie. Seems early, but I guess this “brand” needs a bit more of a leg up than a lot of things Lego tie into – with the kids at least.
Here are the upcoming SKUs from the range, according to BrickSet. You may consider these minor spoilers.
- Cavalry Builder Set
- Comanche Camp
- Stagecoach Escape
- Colby City Showdown
- Silver Mine Shootout
- Constitution Train Chase
As a final bonus, here’s a concept art illustration that was also lurking on the Lego servers.
Now, Lego Lone Ranger video game please.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014