We reported that Joe Madueira was leaving THQ and looking at moving back into comics in a big way. Turns out he’s rather a long way along the road at Marvel Comics. More than just a cover or two. He writes;
Ok! First of all, thank you for all the support. It means the world to me. I just wanted to provide a little more info/clarify a few points. I wish I could hit every single question, and maybe I will someday, but for now:
1-I left Vigil and THQ on very good terms. The continued success of the studio is extremely important to me. And it is not out of the question that I could work with them as an external developer. I’m just not an employee anymore.
2-My leaving is not the ‘end of Darksiders’. DS belongs to THQ, they are free to make as many Darksiders sequels as they’d like.
3- I’m not leaving games.
4-You diehard Battle Chasers fans are hilarious. No matter where I go or what I’m talking about, BC is always on people’s minds. I LOVE YOU! In all honesty, it probably won’t happen immediately, but I would absolutely love to relaunch this book at some point down the road. I can’t commit to it though until I’m positive I could swing it. I can only imagine the terrible fate that would await me if I stopped doing the book a second time. So won’t do it until I can do it right. And there are a couple projects between now and then. If anything changes, you will be the first to know!!
5-Yes, the Marvel stuff is still happening. As I mentioned, this will be my focus for a bit as Marvel has been extraordinarily patient with me as pages slowly trickled in while I was also Vigil’s Creative Director. Before I do ANYthing else I need to get some books done!
6- Thanks again. Your energy and excitement constantly pick me up and motivate me on those gloomy days. ♥
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017