It’s all gone whoops-up on the Enterprise. The lights are out, sparks are flying and either the gravity system or the ship’s orientation seem to have gone wonky.
Seems that some key members of the crew are falling. Chris Pine is recognisable enough on the right, but I’m not 100% on the others.
And we’re back to whaling on Klingons with some choreographed martial arts.
The impact of that kick cuts to the explosion of sparks flying. It’s an impactive piece of cutting. Well played, whoever did that.
The victims here seem to be a bunch of greyshirts.
Here’s a shot of Kirk and then a reverse in which we don’t look up towards the other character, for once. But the underlying structure is still there – both shots are from Kirk’s eye level.
Note that the costumes tie these shots in with several earlier ones. Also, there’s some kind of rusted valve in the background. Where are we?
Sulu is looking around so fast there wasn’t even a single clear frame of him. I guess there are alarms going off left, right and centre.
Spock has his phaser out and he’s running. Half human impulse? Half vulcan logical reaction?
It would seem that he’s chasing Cumberbatch’s character, and that this villain isn’t frightened of just jumping through plate glass windows. Can we agree, by now, that he has beyond-human powers?
Another shot of Alice Eve’s mysterious character. Note that her blue tunic reveals she’s one of the medical or science staff. That, combined with the hair-do, is pretty compelling evidence that’s playing Elizabeth Dehner. I’ll pop a pic of Sally Kellerman playing the role on the original TV series below.
And wat is she screaming at? This is quite a horrendous, unsettling shot – the odd angle of her leg certainly doesn’t help.
Concludes on the next page.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014