So far, only the key returning actors have been booked for Anchorman: The Legend Continues but as work on the script continues and the shoot date approaches, Adam McKay and co. are starting to look at the supporting players.
According to The Wrap, they have their eye on Kristen Wiig for a new role, a love interest for Steve Carell‘s Brick Tamland. Move over, lamp.
Interestingly, the same report gives the film a release date of next October. Filming is set to start in the spring, so that’s a pretty tight turnaround.
I’m sure there’s somebody out there who doesn’t like Wiig but I’ve not met them yet, or if I have, I didn’t know it – which is probably for the best. That could have been boring for both of us.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014