It’s not exactly a comic. It’s not an illustrated novel. It’s an illustrated history. Of a video game and all it has affected. And it’s being published by comic book publisher Dark Horse Comics and distributed to comic stores through Diamond, so it shows up on the lists.
And it’s going to give comic store retailers a rather nice post-Christmas presnt in the dark, dank months of January.
Because I undersatnd that Hyrule Historia, telling the history and exploring the cultural impact of Zelda, has received preorders of over a hundred and fifty thousand and they are still rising. For a thirty-five dollar book. Amazing Spider-Man #700 may be about to drop two million dollars into the market, but Hyrule Historia is about to drop over five million dollars into it. Even with common discounts offered, that’s still north of three million.
Hyrule Hysteris? Don’t care, in lieu oif a Zelda game for the Wii U, I’m getting mine…
- Matt Fraction… Not on Jimmy Olsen? DC Fresh Stop? - April 20, 2018
- David F. Walker on a Flash Comic? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018
- Marvel Has 7 Exclusive Retailer Cover Options for July, from Cap to Cosmic - April 20, 2018
- Will Liam Sharp Join Grant Morrison on Green Lantern? DC Fresh Start… - April 20, 2018
- 18 DC Comics Covers for May from Amanda Conner, Frank Cho, Bryan Hitch, Francesco Mattina, and More - April 20, 2018