The Hobbit‘s first film is just one week away, and so Warner Bros. have decided to release our first official image from the third film in the trilogy.
Here is Bard the Bowman and Legolas, just *a* bowman.
Peter Jackson explained Legolas inclusion to EW:
He’s [elven king] Thranduil’s son, and Thranduil is one of the characters in The Hobbit and because elves are immortal it makes sense Legolas would be part of the sequence in the Woodland Realm.
Meanwhile, Philippa Boyens explained their take on Bard: And what of Bard?
Bard is an interesting character, but [in the book] he’s kind of a random character who comes in after the We take more time introducing him. We know from what follows that he was a father, so we [explore] the fact. I don’t think we take liberties, because it’s all there in the storytelling.
I don’t mind if the do take liberties, as long as they’re for the best. You can read our review of The Hobbit this Sunday.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014