But one that happened a few days ago was a very noticeable change in the way they do business out of the New York offices.
Previously, when you called an editor and they were in a meeting/away from their desk/enjoying a long liquid lunch at Molly’s, you would hear their voice on an answering service requesting that you leave a message. Indeed some editors were reputed never to pick up their phone, leading to impersonations of that answering machine voice by freelance creators at comic conventions.
Boy, those are wild and crazy places.
But now it appears that the answering machine voice has been standardised with one voice. A kind of “I’m sorry, _______________ is not here right now…”
An end of an era. A small era, admittedly, but still.
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017