As the final series of The Office moves along time is running out for some loose ends to be tied up. One pay off we’ve been promised is that the documentary crew, who have been filming the Dunder Mifflin-Sabre lot for the best part of a decade, are actually going to play a more active part in the story. I expect we’ll find out what they were actually filming for – and I also expect it will be something unexpected.
Not quite the typing up of a loose end but an irresistible possibility nonetheless would be the return of Steve Carell as Michael Scott.
E! Online have some quotes from cast members that reveal, at the very least, that there have been discussions about Scott’s return. Rainn Wilson said:
There’s talk of it. He’s a very busy man and a huge movie star, so it’s going to be a tough one. But we’ll see what we can do.”
Meanwhile, Jenna Fischer offered:
He’s more than welcome and more than invited to come back. There’s nothing confirmed, but everyone’s fingers are crossed… There’s a lot of things you have to work out in order to make that happen, but it would be great.
Perhaps negotiations are underway, and maybe they’ve been taking place face-to-face.
Meanwhile, Ricky Gervais has recently said that David Brent definitely won’t be putting in an appearance. He told Showbiz 411:
I did it, there’s no need for more.
Again, suits me fine. I know I’m at risk of losing my passport for saying this but I certainly prefer the US show to the UK one and Carell was always a good part of why.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014