This year, British supermarket chain, Waitrose, is running a different ad campaign to their usual all-singing, all-dancing, all-free ranging extravaganza. Rather than spend money on making such an ad, they are giving this cash to charity. But the actual making of the ad accounts for only something like 5% of the spend – they’re still dishing out the other 95% on the airtime the spot up. And then there’s the money spent on PR to point their scheme out…
The advocacy and activism group Greenpeace took this opportunity to hack up the original ad and redux it, to point out Waitrose’s associations with Shell, and their Arctic mining operations, which don’t sit easily with Waitrose’s environmental credentials.
Here’s the original ad…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTimZt4KSaw
- 148 More Cosplay Pics From San Diego Comic-Con 2018 – From Handmaids to The Incredibles Family - July 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd July 2018 – Welcome To The Worlds Of DC - July 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 22nd July 2018 – Batman No 1 But Sales Are Dropping - July 22, 2018
- It All Comes Down To This – #MarvelDeclassified Begins Tomorrow - July 22, 2018
- Cicada Put Through the Flash Blender and King Shark/Gorilla Grodd Team-Up – Q&A From Cast and Crew at SDCC - July 22, 2018