This year, British supermarket chain, Waitrose, is running a different ad campaign to their usual all-singing, all-dancing, all-free ranging extravaganza. Rather than spend money on making such an ad, they are giving this cash to charity. But the actual making of the ad accounts for only something like 5% of the spend – they’re still dishing out the other 95% on the airtime the spot up. And then there’s the money spent on PR to point their scheme out…
The advocacy and activism group Greenpeace took this opportunity to hack up the original ad and redux it, to point out Waitrose’s associations with Shell, and their Arctic mining operations, which don’t sit easily with Waitrose’s environmental credentials.
Here’s the original ad…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTimZt4KSaw
- Deathstroke Vs. Batman – New Series by Priest and Carlo Pagulayan From DC Comics for April - January 21, 2018
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018