This year, British supermarket chain, Waitrose, is running a different ad campaign to their usual all-singing, all-dancing, all-free ranging extravaganza. Rather than spend money on making such an ad, they are giving this cash to charity. But the actual making of the ad accounts for only something like 5% of the spend – they’re still dishing out the other 95% on the airtime the spot up. And then there’s the money spent on PR to point their scheme out…
The advocacy and activism group Greenpeace took this opportunity to hack up the original ad and redux it, to point out Waitrose’s associations with Shell, and their Arctic mining operations, which don’t sit easily with Waitrose’s environmental credentials.
Here’s the original ad…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTimZt4KSaw
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017