This year, British supermarket chain, Waitrose, is running a different ad campaign to their usual all-singing, all-dancing, all-free ranging extravaganza. Rather than spend money on making such an ad, they are giving this cash to charity. But the actual making of the ad accounts for only something like 5% of the spend – they’re still dishing out the other 95% on the airtime the spot up. And then there’s the money spent on PR to point their scheme out…
The advocacy and activism group Greenpeace took this opportunity to hack up the original ad and redux it, to point out Waitrose’s associations with Shell, and their Arctic mining operations, which don’t sit easily with Waitrose’s environmental credentials.
Here’s the original ad…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTimZt4KSaw
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018
- Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Exclusive Retailer Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #800 - April 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd April 2018 – ‘Action Comics Was the Highest/Fastest Selling Book in Our History’ - April 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018