Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool
It seems like every time you forget that Annapurna Pictures have the rights to Terminator and want to make more films from the franchise, just the tiniest bit of news seeps out to remind you that it is still on.
Tonight, Deadline are reporting that founder of the production company, Megan Ellison, has recruited her brother David Ellison to produce with her. They are an interesting producing pair with Megan’s previous films including The Master, Lawless and Zero Dark Thirty, and David’s consisting of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Star Trek Into Darkness and Jack Reacher. That certainly sounds like it could be a winning combination for the franchise.
That is, if it ever gets made. The film is still looking for a studio and no progress has been made on the script thus far. So it seems that the film is still alive, but hardly flying out the gate.
Brendon’s note: David Ellison smells of Tom Cruise to me. And Cruise is certainly going very sci-fi of late… If it does happen, I for one won’t be surprised.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015