Marvel’s The Avengers argued that it would take a particularly large threat to motivated the cooperation of several super-powered individuals in their defense efforts, and it seems that Warner Bros. are applying the same logic to Justice League.
Though the film has yet to secure a director, most likely hasn’t cast a single role – returning Superman aside? – and could be months away from production, the script has been drafted for a while. Long enough, it seems, for significant details to leak.
Latino Review don’t have many specifics to tell us just yet, but they are reporting the identity of the film’s villain. According to their story, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and company will all be coming together to face off against Darkseid.
I understand that the character was Jack Kirby’s cosmic interpretation of Hitler. That’s what I call starting big.
Once Justice League is thought of on this scale, any mesh with Chris Nolan’s Batmovies seems a little less likely. It certainly makes the casting of Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a post Dark Knight Rises Batman-Nightwing-Whatever a little harder to expect.
On the other hand, it also promises scale and, if handled in a particular way, a real sense of doom, threat and even a deeper, tragic dimension.
As far as I can see, Darkseid and Marvel’s Thanos seem like pretty similar characters – at least as far as the big two’s “Rogues Galleries” go. Will these Justice League plans see both reaching the silver screen in 2015? Have Warner Bros. inadvertently doomed themselves to looking like a bit of a rip off?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014