Every once in a while we tease you with incredible geeky things that you will in no way be able to afford. Just like children outside of a sweet shop, you torture yourself with what you can’t have.
You, yes you, could be the proud owner of the actual, real original Batmobile.
That’s right, you could be driving around just like Adam West did in the 1960s – and we don’t mean drunk.
The car is being sold by “legendary car customizer” George Barris at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale, Arizona on January 19th. While there is no indicator of estimated price or a minimum reserve, I am pretty sure that this is going to go for a ton of money.
But if you did shell out, you wouldn’t just be getting the Batmobile but also all the Bataccoutrements that come with it.
The car features a 390-in 1956 Lincoln V-8 engine and a B&M Hydro Automatic transmission. Gadgets include a nose-mounted aluminum Cable Cutter Blade, Bat Ray Projector, Anti-Theft Device, Detect-a-scope, Batscope, Bat Eye Switch, Antenna Activator, Police Band Cut-In Switch, Automatic Tire Inflation Device, Remote Batcomputer, the Batphone, Emergency Bat Turn Lever, Anti-Fire Activator, Bat Smoke, Bat Photoscope, and many other Bat gadgets. If needed, the Batmobile was capable of a quick 180° “bat-turn” thanks to two rear-mounted ten-foot Deist parachutes.
Just put it on my Bat Credit card.
This is all timed very well as tomorrow you will be getting a first hand report on precisely what it’s like to enjoy the comforts of a Batmobile from yours truly.
Are you already starting to feel jealous? Because you should be.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015