This week saw some rather interesting discussion and commentary after Jim Zubkavich (Skullkickers) did a post on his blog about The Reality of Mainstream Creator-Owned Comics. In the same week, Wired.com did a feature on Matt Pizzolo (Occupy Comics) who they referred to as World’s Most Wired Comics Creator.
I found them to be two clever, and potentially quite different, views of comics – so I tweeted the links to all who would listen, and was pleasantly surprised when first Matt and then Jim decided to tweet back. We chatted and I soon knew it had to be a podcast, even if we were spread across three different time-zones (GMT, EST & PST!)
So I’m pleased to present this very special episode, outside of our regular transmissions, with Jim Zub & Matt Pizzolo in conversation. To get in touch, discuss sponsorship opportunities or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow me on Twitter: @popculturehound.
If you want to read Jim’s original blog post referenced during the interview, you can find that here: The Reality of Mainstream Creator-Owned Comics
And if you’d like to read Matt’s interview with Wired.com, you can find that here: World’s Most Wired Comics Creator
- The Joker – Dead Or Alive? (Batman Who Laughs, Detective Comics, Batman Damned Final Page Spoilers) - December 12, 2018
- Everyone Wants to Look Like a Wayne (Spoilers for The Batman Who Laughs, Detective Comics, Batman Damned and Justice League Dark - December 12, 2018
- What’s Going On With The Bat Signal These Days? (Spoilers for Batman Damned, The Batman Who Laughs and Detective Comics) - December 12, 2018
- Marvel’s Uncanny X-Men Wipes Out Centres of Catholicism, Islam and Hinduism - December 12, 2018
- Peter J Tomasi Gets an Ad For His Own Graphic Novel in Detective Comics #994 - December 12, 2018