This week saw some rather interesting discussion and commentary after Jim Zubkavich (Skullkickers) did a post on his blog about The Reality of Mainstream Creator-Owned Comics. In the same week, Wired.com did a feature on Matt Pizzolo (Occupy Comics) who they referred to as World’s Most Wired Comics Creator.
I found them to be two clever, and potentially quite different, views of comics – so I tweeted the links to all who would listen, and was pleasantly surprised when first Matt and then Jim decided to tweet back. We chatted and I soon knew it had to be a podcast, even if we were spread across three different time-zones (GMT, EST & PST!)
So I’m pleased to present this very special episode, outside of our regular transmissions, with Jim Zub & Matt Pizzolo in conversation. To get in touch, discuss sponsorship opportunities or submit projects for consideration, please email email@example.com. You can also follow me on Twitter: @popculturehound.
If you want to read Jim’s original blog post referenced during the interview, you can find that here: The Reality of Mainstream Creator-Owned Comics
And if you’d like to read Matt’s interview with Wired.com, you can find that here: World’s Most Wired Comics Creator
- Batman’s Plan for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in This Week’s Batman #43 - March 19, 2018
- Man, Everyone Gets to be Worthy These Days (Thanos #16 and #17 Spoilers) - March 19, 2018
- Family of Star Wars/Deadpool Artist Nicole ‘Nik’ Virella Raising Money for Operation - March 19, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Shop Launches Its Own Comics with Darick Robertson, Michael McMillian, and Lindsey Stirling - March 19, 2018
- Christopher Sebela and Joshua Hixson Launch Shanghai Red from Image in June - March 19, 2018