This week saw some rather interesting discussion and commentary after Jim Zubkavich (Skullkickers) did a post on his blog about The Reality of Mainstream Creator-Owned Comics. In the same week, Wired.com did a feature on Matt Pizzolo (Occupy Comics) who they referred to as World’s Most Wired Comics Creator.
I found them to be two clever, and potentially quite different, views of comics – so I tweeted the links to all who would listen, and was pleasantly surprised when first Matt and then Jim decided to tweet back. We chatted and I soon knew it had to be a podcast, even if we were spread across three different time-zones (GMT, EST & PST!)
So I’m pleased to present this very special episode, outside of our regular transmissions, with Jim Zub & Matt Pizzolo in conversation. To get in touch, discuss sponsorship opportunities or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow me on Twitter: @popculturehound.
If you want to read Jim’s original blog post referenced during the interview, you can find that here: The Reality of Mainstream Creator-Owned Comics
And if you’d like to read Matt’s interview with Wired.com, you can find that here: World’s Most Wired Comics Creator
- Humberto Ramos Warping Marvel Characters Together for New Comic? #WhoGetsWarped - June 18, 2018
- Has Geoff Johns Remembered Justice League: Rise Of The Seven Seas? - June 18, 2018
- What You May Have Learned from the DC Comics Writers Summit - June 18, 2018
- Cover to X-Men Gold #31 Revealed – is it a Wedding Spoiler? - June 18, 2018
- Retailers Can Get a Hall of Justice Staff T-Shirt at San Diego Comic-Con - June 18, 2018