Today, on her message board, Gail Simone replied to the rumours we’ve been reporting that she may be leaving the Batgirl title.
She simply stated;
I have not left Batgirl.
Which is pretty cut and dry and far more than she was saying when I put the matter to her earlier in the week. By five words.
There’s always the get out clause she could use “I didn’t leave, I was pushed” but that smacks of equivocation. Certainly a number DC people earlier in the week definitely believed that Gail Simone had walked off the book. It’s possible that whatever may have let to that state of affairs, then changed. Even the reaction to the publication of the original article may have had an affect.
And I hope so, I rather enjoy Gail’s work on the title.
However, regarding the veracity of rumours regarding the other titles, look to March’s DC solicitations – a writer change on Birds Of Prey may be your first confirmatory sign that “something is up”…
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017