Today, on her message board, Gail Simone replied to the rumours we’ve been reporting that she may be leaving the Batgirl title.
She simply stated;
I have not left Batgirl.
Which is pretty cut and dry and far more than she was saying when I put the matter to her earlier in the week. By five words.
There’s always the get out clause she could use “I didn’t leave, I was pushed” but that smacks of equivocation. Certainly a number DC people earlier in the week definitely believed that Gail Simone had walked off the book. It’s possible that whatever may have let to that state of affairs, then changed. Even the reaction to the publication of the original article may have had an affect.
And I hope so, I rather enjoy Gail’s work on the title.
However, regarding the veracity of rumours regarding the other titles, look to March’s DC solicitations – a writer change on Birds Of Prey may be your first confirmatory sign that “something is up”…
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017