Today, on her message board, Gail Simone replied to the rumours we’ve been reporting that she may be leaving the Batgirl title.
She simply stated;
I have not left Batgirl.
Which is pretty cut and dry and far more than she was saying when I put the matter to her earlier in the week. By five words.
There’s always the get out clause she could use “I didn’t leave, I was pushed” but that smacks of equivocation. Certainly a number DC people earlier in the week definitely believed that Gail Simone had walked off the book. It’s possible that whatever may have let to that state of affairs, then changed. Even the reaction to the publication of the original article may have had an affect.
And I hope so, I rather enjoy Gail’s work on the title.
However, regarding the veracity of rumours regarding the other titles, look to March’s DC solicitations – a writer change on Birds Of Prey may be your first confirmatory sign that “something is up”…
- The Finest Comic Book Ever Published Is Back in Print: Shane Simmons’s Longshot Comics - June 19, 2018
- Donny Cates Introduces Juggerduck to Cosmic Ghost Rider – #WhoGetsWarped? - June 19, 2018
- Ryan Sands, Star of Runaways TV Series, Now Draws for the Runaways Comic - June 19, 2018
- Jeff Parker to Tell the Official World War II Origin of James Bond - June 19, 2018
- IDW’s Batman vs. Maxx and Star Trek vs. Transformers in September 2018 - June 19, 2018