I don’t know for sure why the film of Joseph Delaney‘s The Spook’s Apprentice has undergone a name change to Seventh Son but I could hazard a guess. The story is a fantasy set in something like Dark Ages England, and in the movie will pit Jeff Bridges as a kind of staff-fighting ghostbuster against Julianne Moore as a wicked witch.
The lead character is to be the apprentice to Bridges’ character, played by Ben Barnes, the seventh son of the title.
Two images from the film have been published by USA Today and reveal all of the leads – only one of them in borderline comical soft focus.
Ms. Moore joins Angelina Jolie in Maleficent, and Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams and Mila Kunis in Oz The Great and Powerful, in the queue of upcoming Cinematic Sexy Witches. That’s enough to call it a trend, right?
USA Today spoke to Bridges about his character, Gregory:
He’s an interesting cat. He’s appreciated for keeping evil away, but he’s also a frightening figure to the townspeople. When you mess around with darkness, some of that gets in you, too.
And then about Moore:
In real life, she’s gorgeous, and she’s gorgeously grotesque. She’s really something to behold in this.
Yeah? I’ll guess we’ll find out why when the film rolls out next October. It’s a good cast, so I’d like to be hopeful.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014