Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool.
There is something a touch odd about this promotional video for Jack Reacher. By and large it’s a pretty bog standard featurette, describing a little bit about the character Jack Reacher and who he is, all explained by Lee Child, the novellist who created the character.
And then, there’s the last little bit at the end.
Some one has cut in a clip of Child from a different interview on CBS saying that Tom Cruise makes a great Jack Reacher. They really wanted this justification in there, obviously – but it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Check it out.
Thanks to Yahoo! for that clip.
Fans of the book were up in arms because Cruise was an awful lot smaller than Reacher as written – a hulk of a man, huge and powerful.
But at this point, most of us know what we expect from Cruise and this seems right up his alley, no matter how big or small the character was on the page.
I’ve never hated Cruise for some of his odder pursuits and, to me, he seems to fit into this picture just fine.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015