The Royal Albert Hall last night played host to We Are Most Amused, a Princes Trust charity gala. Amongst the numerous attractions was a sketch about the ongoing economic crisis, interrupted by the surprising return of Edmund Blackadder. Je was once again played with almost flammable unctuousness by the brilliant Rowan Atkinson.
Thankfully, somebody had their cameraphone rolling. Here are the clips, with thanks to The Radio Times.
I want to see the rest.
It’s a brilliant way to bring back Blackadder and I hope it doesn’t just stay on the stage – though, chances are, it will.
It seems like last night’s show may have been recorded for an upcoming DVD release. I’ll let you know if it becomes available for pre-order or we have a release date.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014