Bleeding Cool has learnt from a number of sources that DC Comics’ Next Big Thing will be a focus on the villains of the DC Universe, and introducing a raft of bad guy characters to books, many of whom will be making their debut in the New 52.
Different villains will be assigned to different heroes, away from the usual individual heroes’ galleries, in most of the titles. This smacks rather of Marvel’s crossover event Acts Of Vengeance then, as now at DC,
masterminded by Bob Harras.
(UPDATE: Oops, no it wasn’t, Bob was just on the X-titles then…)
I’m told we’ll see this in issue twenty of the DC New 52 titles, but this could also change.
The current success of the Joker story in Death Of The Family may be seen as a model for how the stories – and promotion – may be approached. This may also tie into previous reports that the early days of The Riddler may loom large in upcoming Batman.
I understand that creative reaction to the new edict, having a super villain foistered upon them is… let’s go with “mixed”. But with a number of people looking to leave their books, start new ones, or swap for a different title, there’s an awful lot in the air right now.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017