Bleeding Cool has learnt from a number of sources that DC Comics’ Next Big Thing will be a focus on the villains of the DC Universe, and introducing a raft of bad guy characters to books, many of whom will be making their debut in the New 52.
Different villains will be assigned to different heroes, away from the usual individual heroes’ galleries, in most of the titles. This smacks rather of Marvel’s crossover event Acts Of Vengeance then, as now at DC,
masterminded by Bob Harras.
(UPDATE: Oops, no it wasn’t, Bob was just on the X-titles then…)
I’m told we’ll see this in issue twenty of the DC New 52 titles, but this could also change.
The current success of the Joker story in Death Of The Family may be seen as a model for how the stories – and promotion – may be approached. This may also tie into previous reports that the early days of The Riddler may loom large in upcoming Batman.
I understand that creative reaction to the new edict, having a super villain foistered upon them is… let’s go with “mixed”. But with a number of people looking to leave their books, start new ones, or swap for a different title, there’s an awful lot in the air right now.
- The Journey of Jane Foster to Valhalla (The Mighty Thor #706) - April 24, 2018
- Further Universal FanCon Fallout… Refunds and Apologies? - April 24, 2018
- Gerard Way and Nick Derington’s Doom Patrol #11 Out This Week Honest – A Ball That Has Not Been Forgotten - April 24, 2018
- Everybody Dies and Azrael Gets a Clone Saga – The Future of Gotham in Tomorrow’s Detective Comics #979 - April 24, 2018
- What If Your Comic Was Turned Into a TV Show and No One Told You? Adi Granov and Metal Hurlant… - April 24, 2018