The 40th Angoulême Festival has published its official selection of titles for the year, which form a shortlist for the Awards given out in the show in 2013.
For the English-speaking comics industry, notable choices in the Official Selection includes the remarkable rise of zombie soap opera The Walking Dead, with Vol 16 making its way onto the list and official recognition for the book’s rapid rising success in France. The list also includes Big Questions by Anders Nielson, Fables Vol 16, Fabio Moon and Gerard Ba‘s Daytripper and Jon McNaught‘s Dockwood. The Classic selection gives nods to Creepy Vol 1, the oversized hardcover reprint of Batman Year One by Miller and Mazzachelli, Krazy Kat Vol 1, a collection of HM Bateman cartoons, and Terry And The Pirates Vol 3. The crime/thriller selection also includes Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips‘ Fatale.
Here’s how the different selections play out… click for more.
Official Selection 2013
Younger Selection 2013
Classic Selection 2013
Crime/Thriller Selection 2013
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018