The 40th Angoulême Festival has published its official selection of titles for the year, which form a shortlist for the Awards given out in the show in 2013.
For the English-speaking comics industry, notable choices in the Official Selection includes the remarkable rise of zombie soap opera The Walking Dead, with Vol 16 making its way onto the list and official recognition for the book’s rapid rising success in France. The list also includes Big Questions by Anders Nielson, Fables Vol 16, Fabio Moon and Gerard Ba‘s Daytripper and Jon McNaught‘s Dockwood. The Classic selection gives nods to Creepy Vol 1, the oversized hardcover reprint of Batman Year One by Miller and Mazzachelli, Krazy Kat Vol 1, a collection of HM Bateman cartoons, and Terry And The Pirates Vol 3. The crime/thriller selection also includes Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips‘ Fatale.
Here’s how the different selections play out… click for more.
Official Selection 2013
Younger Selection 2013
Classic Selection 2013
Crime/Thriller Selection 2013
- Grief For A Dollar - April 30, 2017
- George Pérez “Doing Great, Feeling Much Better” - April 30, 2017
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017