Marvel have reportedly made deals with five actors for them to come in and test for the role of Peter Quill, Guardians of the Galaxy’s Starlord. He’s the human and, therefore unsurprisingly, the lead character.
According to Deadline the five actors are Joel Edgerton, Jack Huston, Jim Sturgess, Lee Pace and Eddie Redmayne.
But the list of contenders doesn’t stop there – Garrett Hedlund, James Marsden and Sullivan Stapleton are all also said to be somewhere on Marvel’s hit list.
Okay, I’m going to call it: Joel Edgerton. Jim Sturgess is my favourite from this list, but I think Edgerton is going to win it.
Talking of which, here’s a nearly was. Joe Carnahan tweeted the following today.
@thealexlynch97 I think Joel Edgerton would have been tremendous in that role.
— Joe Carnahan (@carnojoe) November 28, 2012
I suppose that could still come to pass if I’m wrong about Guardians, if Disney decide to mount their own Daredevil film, if they hire Carnahan and he still wants Edgerton… and Edgerton agrees.
Nah. Edgerton is Peter Quill. I’ll stake a baked hat dinner on it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014