Earlier today, I passed on a rumour that Joseph Gordon-Levitt had been cast as Batman for Justice League and perhaps a cameo in Man of Steel. I think we all understood that this was just a rumour, right? Not an absolutely confirmed piece of casting?
Well, now it’s a rumour with some sort of official denial resting against it.
There’s no direct quote offered, but Hollywood.com say that they:
checked in with Gordon-Levitt’s reps who have refuted the rumor entirely.
Their bold, not mine. Right. But… what did the reps say? I’d be happier if this report actually made us party to their exact comments.
The Watchmen 2 denials were a pretty good example of how the tennis match of claim-and-denial can go wrong, but I’ve seen it happen many ways, over the years. I wish I knew what Gordon-Levitts reps had said so I could judge better.
Anyway, for now, I’m not expecting Joseph Gordon-Levitt to don the Batcape and cowl… but I wouldn’t 100% rule it out either. It’s all just so much hearsay at this point, and I’m not going to take Hollywood.com over Hit Fix.
Nor, for that matter, vice versa.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014