That poster seems suspiciously like the first in a series, wouldn’t you say? The character name ‘Steinar’ is what gives it away. I expect the rest will each have their own tag line on the top, and I bet you $5 they’re quotes from the film. Worked for 300, didn’t it?
The film has been produced here in the UK by Vertigo Films and marks the feature directing debut of Farren Blackburn, previously employed on The Fades and Doctor Who – and, in fact, back for the first of next year’s Who episodes too.
When Magnet picked up Hammer of the Gods for US release a few weeks back, they released this blurb:
Set in the violent world of Viking Britain in 871 AD, Hammer of the Gods is the story of a young Viking warrior, Steinar, sent by his father the King on a quest to find his estranged brother, who was banished from the kingdom many years before. Steinar’s epic journey across hostile territory gradually sees him emerge as the man his father wants him to be – the ruthless and unforgiving successor to his throne.
Steinar is played by Twilight alum Charlie Bewley, and the King is James Cosmo – which is about right. Give that man a crown, he’s bloody tremendous.
Empire didn’t make any fuss about it but they also used a small image from the film in presenting the poster. Here’s that tiny thumbnail.
This Viking is very small… those Vikings are very far away.
Hammer of the Gods is set for UK and US release in the spring of 2013.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014