The BBC are continuing the movie poster schtick with these promos for the upcoming Doctor Who Christmas special, The Snowmen. The new mystery, I suppose is why The Doctor and Clara are hanging outside of the Tardis and not travelling safely inside it.
And here’s a high quality image of the episode’s titular monsters. A touch of Jack Skellington in there.
The BBC have yet to confirm that the Doctor Who special will be airing on Christmas day but who are they kidding?
Here’s the official plot blurb:
Christmas Eve 1892 and the falling snow is the stuff of fairy-tales. When the fairy-tale becomes a nightmare and a chilling menace threatens Earth, an unorthodox young governess, Clara, calls on the Doctor for help.
But the Doctor is in mourning, reclusive and determined not to engage in the problems of the universe. As old friends return, will the Doctor really abandon humankind or will he fight to save the world – and Christmas – from the icy clutches of this mysterious menace.
He’ll fight to save the world. And he’ll win.
Though I assume it will take a little bit more than a box of lucifers. There’s going to be something strange, and fire resistant, about this snow, I’d wonder.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014