I think this may be the first time this has happened. And I bet it’s the Walking Dead‘s fault.
The CBLDF Liberty Annual is getting a second print this year. Annually this comic anthology comes out with a bunch of great little talkes from some major names, sells a bunch, raises money and then that’s about it.
Expect this year, the Annual in question had an original Walking Dead story by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard featuring the Governor, and tying in to the first episode of the new season of The Walking Dead which had aired that very week.
You had to admire its timing.
Anyway, the comic blew out of stores, ripped through the overprint that the CBLDF had planned to sell at shows and left the comic industry legal defenders with a Liberty Annual-sized hole in their backstock.
Well, nature abhors a vacuum. And now the CBLDF are putting their 2012 Liberty Annual back into print, with two new covers, one by Ben Templesmith and the other by Chris Giarrusso.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018