I think this may be the first time this has happened. And I bet it’s the Walking Dead‘s fault.
The CBLDF Liberty Annual is getting a second print this year. Annually this comic anthology comes out with a bunch of great little talkes from some major names, sells a bunch, raises money and then that’s about it.
Expect this year, the Annual in question had an original Walking Dead story by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard featuring the Governor, and tying in to the first episode of the new season of The Walking Dead which had aired that very week.
You had to admire its timing.
Anyway, the comic blew out of stores, ripped through the overprint that the CBLDF had planned to sell at shows and left the comic industry legal defenders with a Liberty Annual-sized hole in their backstock.
Well, nature abhors a vacuum. And now the CBLDF are putting their 2012 Liberty Annual back into print, with two new covers, one by Ben Templesmith and the other by Chris Giarrusso.
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017