We’re still a long way away from the BBC’s Sherlock making it back to air, with official word from the Beeb being simply that it will screen before the end of 2013. Quite how near to the end of the year might have just been impacted. Perhaps. Just a little.
According to Entertainment Weekly, production on the third series has been pushed back from January to March. I’m sure the slate of films Benedict Cumberbatch keeps signing on to will have something to do with this. He’s recently signed on to play Julian Assange in one movie and Brian Epstein in another, and I’m sure he’s swatting away a pile of fresh scripts even as I type.
I doubt that this two month delay will impact the airdate much, if at all. The third series’ position in the screening calendar was always going to be down to strategies far more subtle than “When do we start filming? Add nine months to that.” It might make for a heavier, more hectic post production process, though. All of that colour correction and pop up text message business doesn’t come quickly, you know.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014