I’m not a Sky TV subscriber and so I never saw Mad Dogs, the mid-life crisis crime drama with John Simm, Marc Warren, Phillip Glenister and Max Beesley. Here’s a trailer for the first of its two seeries, and if you watch this, you’ll know just about as much about the show as I do.
Seems pretty British, not least because of the Majorca setting – and that title isn’t an accident, it’s from a Noel Coward song about Englishmen. Nonetheless, Digital Spy caught wind of a US remake.
Shawn Ryan, of The Shield and Terriers and the upcoming Beverly Hills Cop sequel TV show was a guest on Kevin Pollak’s online chat show, and he dropped early word of a Mad Dogs do-over:
I’m working with a British writer – Cris Cole – who had a mini-series in Great Britain called Mad Dogs that we’re looking to make as a mini-series over here.
And that’s it. No more details as yet, though I can only assume the lead characters will still have to be Brits for the basic concept to make sense.
Now, I don’t want to prejudge Mad Dogs or Chris Cole but the only other piece of his work I’ve got any kind of familiarity with is Love Bite, the recent Werewolf comedy that received the most insultingly meagre of UK cinema releases.
You may have seen the trailer here a couple of weeks back, and maybe one or two of you will have seen the film. If so, I’d be fascinated to hear more – I didn’t get anywhere near a cinema, and maybe not even a town, where the film was screening.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014