We’re months out from the release of Man of Steel but director Zack Snyder seems to be doing more and more interviews of late. Perhaps Warner Bros. are trying to build buzz ahead of the imminent full-length trailer.
The latest Snyder chat is with The NY Post, and figures in a lot of the usual business. There’s discussion of the suit, and of Henry Cavill getting in shape to wear it; there’s a certain amount about making this a new, fresh take on the character; and then there’s some intriguing business about Warner Bros.’ bigger superhero movie canvas.
I don’t know how Justice League is going to be handled. Honestly, I don’t, but The Man of Steel exists, and Superman is in it. I don’t know how you’d move forward without acknowledging that.
So he’s then asked if he had any conversations with Warner Bros. about integrating his Superman into “a larger superhero universe,” and so he goes on:
Um, how can I answer that? I can’t really say anything to that, because that’s a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.
And there you have it. Sounds to me like Warner Bros. want Man of Steel to provide a Superman that will not only work in his own picture but will also work in their Justice League movie too. As expected, to be honest.
Incidentally, the same article says that Cavill is signed on for three films, but whether that would include Justice League or not isn’t clear. By comparison, those nine-movie Marvel deals do seem so much more sensible, once again.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014