To celebrate Rich’s 40th birthday one day early, he and I took a trip to Northampton on Tuesday, to see the premiere of Alan Moore and Mitch Jenkins‘ film, Jimmy’s End. We also got to see a “trailer” for the film, which was in fact more of a prologue.
The premiere took place in the location that Jimmy’s End was filmed in and sorta-kinda set in, St. James’ End Working Men’s Club. Just knowing this gave real life a little tint, and before the film, I was feeling more and more like I was having a waking nightmare.
So we had been set a little on edge and were primed to be disturbed before we’d even taken our seats for the screening. And I should tell you that after the film, Rich took a few minutes just to get up the courage necessary to go into the gents’ loos…
…once we’d come back to the surface and were on the train home, Rich and I discussed what we had seen, in depth, but with no real spoilers. Here’s a video of that ad hoc discussion. We probably agree about the film more than it might seem, seeing as this chat rolled naturally towards our disagreements…
And here’s Act of Faith, the prologue film. I was mistakenly under the impression that Jimmy’s End itself would be online to share by now, but it’s apparently not set for release until next week. We’ll be sure to share it in due course, mind.
And finally, the trailer for Jimmy’s End.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014