The Costa Book Awards, formerly the Whitbreads, have nominated for the first time not one, but two graphic novels in their shortlist.
Days of the Bagnold Summer by Joff Winterhart is on the shortlist for Novel Of The Year, the story of a mother and a teenage son and the conflucts between them.
While Dotter of Her Father’s Eyes by Mary Talbot and Bryan Talbot has been nominated for Biography Of The Year, also a story of parents and children, dealing as it does with the life of Mary Talbot and her father James S Atherton, James Joyce and his daughter Lucia Joyce. Bleeding Cool ran an early review here.
The winners will be announced on 2nd January and all five will then compete for Book Of The Year and £30,000/$50,000.
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017