The Costa Book Awards, formerly the Whitbreads, have nominated for the first time not one, but two graphic novels in their shortlist.
Days of the Bagnold Summer by Joff Winterhart is on the shortlist for Novel Of The Year, the story of a mother and a teenage son and the conflucts between them.
While Dotter of Her Father’s Eyes by Mary Talbot and Bryan Talbot has been nominated for Biography Of The Year, also a story of parents and children, dealing as it does with the life of Mary Talbot and her father James S Atherton, James Joyce and his daughter Lucia Joyce. Bleeding Cool ran an early review here.
The winners will be announced on 2nd January and all five will then compete for Book Of The Year and £30,000/$50,000.
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018