The Costa Book Awards, formerly the Whitbreads, have nominated for the first time not one, but two graphic novels in their shortlist.
Days of the Bagnold Summer by Joff Winterhart is on the shortlist for Novel Of The Year, the story of a mother and a teenage son and the conflucts between them.
While Dotter of Her Father’s Eyes by Mary Talbot and Bryan Talbot has been nominated for Biography Of The Year, also a story of parents and children, dealing as it does with the life of Mary Talbot and her father James S Atherton, James Joyce and his daughter Lucia Joyce. Bleeding Cool ran an early review here.
The winners will be announced on 2nd January and all five will then compete for Book Of The Year and £30,000/$50,000.
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017