The Costa Book Awards, formerly the Whitbreads, have nominated for the first time not one, but two graphic novels in their shortlist.
Days of the Bagnold Summer by Joff Winterhart is on the shortlist for Novel Of The Year, the story of a mother and a teenage son and the conflucts between them.
While Dotter of Her Father’s Eyes by Mary Talbot and Bryan Talbot has been nominated for Biography Of The Year, also a story of parents and children, dealing as it does with the life of Mary Talbot and her father James S Atherton, James Joyce and his daughter Lucia Joyce. Bleeding Cool ran an early review here.
The winners will be announced on 2nd January and all five will then compete for Book Of The Year and £30,000/$50,000.
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017