The Costa Book Awards, formerly the Whitbreads, have nominated for the first time not one, but two graphic novels in their shortlist.
Days of the Bagnold Summer by Joff Winterhart is on the shortlist for Novel Of The Year, the story of a mother and a teenage son and the conflucts between them.
While Dotter of Her Father’s Eyes by Mary Talbot and Bryan Talbot has been nominated for Biography Of The Year, also a story of parents and children, dealing as it does with the life of Mary Talbot and her father James S Atherton, James Joyce and his daughter Lucia Joyce. Bleeding Cool ran an early review here.
The winners will be announced on 2nd January and all five will then compete for Book Of The Year and £30,000/$50,000.
- Supergirl Season 4 to Debut TV’s First Transgender Superhero, Dreamer - July 21, 2018
- Preview: Shuri #1 from Marvel’s Next Big Thing Panel at SDCC - July 21, 2018
- The New Fantastic Four Big Bad Is… The Griever - July 21, 2018
- ComicsPRO Retailers React to Batman #50 Returnability - July 21, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga Making Books of Blood, a Clive Barker Horror Anthology TV Series for Hulu - July 21, 2018