Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool
You know your childhood is definitely over when the Rock starts playing the father of young adults. I suppose it is now normal to have a man in his forties built like the Hulk.*
This new trailer for Snitch, which i supposedly ‘based on true events’, shows Dwayne Johnson and Jon Bernthal as two fathers getting involved in Cartel-y, druggy, underworldy happenings in order to save their families.
Thanks to Yahoo for the trailer.
Directed by ex-stuntman Ric Roman Waugh, it isn’t really a surprise that the film seems to center around manly men doing manly things for manly reasons.
There doesn’t seem to be a lot of new ideas in here, but hopefully the film will focus on making the convicted son an interesting character that we can actually invest in. Usually where ‘these kinds of films’ fall down is having the son type just act as a catalyst for the main character to get involved in the nasty things.
Am I hoping for too much? Probably.
*Brendon’s note: I was an adult before there even was a Rock. Patrick not seeing beyond the edges of his own little generation there. Bless.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015