Patrick Dane writes for Bleeding Cool.
We reported a few months ago that A&E’s Bates Motel was gearing up for production, with the addition of Freddie Highmore in the lead role of Norman. Things seem to have chugged along pretty quickly and now we already have our official first look.
EW brought us this photo.
Isn’t that just pleasant?
Despite the series being called Bates Motel, showrunner Carlton Cuse has said that a lot of the story happens outside – and not just in that long grass, either.
The town itself is very much a character in the show. There are a lot of secrets that lurk beneath this bucolic veneer.
So it would seem that master Bates’ psychological damage* could be deeper than just an unhealthy love for his mother. Whether the show messes with that central dynamic, and in turn angers thousands of film lovers, remains to be seen.
The entertainment world seems to be going gaga for Hitchcock at the moment with Hitchcock, The Girl and now Bates Motel all set to hit. But what those other adaptions don’t have is Vera Farmiga, who I am betting is going to run away with the show.
<small>*”Master Bates” was unintentional, you dirty minded people</small>
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014