“The Hulk would smash Superman.”
“Ashley J Williams would send Jason Voorhees back to momma in pieces.”
“Batman would make Chuck Norris’ beard look like shredded cheese in a fight.”
We’ve all heard it. These random conversations in the comic shop or convention where fans throw their theoretical versus challenges down and lay their very passion for fandom at stake in getting the support of their fellow reader to their side of the argument. It’s a scenario as old as superhero comics themselves. But very rarely do we really get to see the outcome go beyond the “double dog dare” of the peer hazing ritual of the comic shop. And when we do see it in an issue or special, all too often it is a watered down story where no one really wins. In most cases it’s not even in continuity – it’s some “what-if-elseworld-amawhoogis” that really is just there to exploit a character’s popularity or pander to a specific group’s interest.
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #1 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle First Trailer - April 24, 2017
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Sin City Goes Way Back In Time: Mid-20th Century, And Several Hundred Years Before That - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller On His Possible Upcoming Superman Project, And The Genesis Of The Batman V Superman Dynamic - April 22, 2017