“The Hulk would smash Superman.”
“Ashley J Williams would send Jason Voorhees back to momma in pieces.”
“Batman would make Chuck Norris’ beard look like shredded cheese in a fight.”
We’ve all heard it. These random conversations in the comic shop or convention where fans throw their theoretical versus challenges down and lay their very passion for fandom at stake in getting the support of their fellow reader to their side of the argument. It’s a scenario as old as superhero comics themselves. But very rarely do we really get to see the outcome go beyond the “double dog dare” of the peer hazing ritual of the comic shop. And when we do see it in an issue or special, all too often it is a watered down story where no one really wins. In most cases it’s not even in continuity – it’s some “what-if-elseworld-amawhoogis” that really is just there to exploit a character’s popularity or pander to a specific group’s interest.
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #1 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
- The Secret History of St. Patrick’s Day Debauchery - March 17, 2018
- Trump’s Biggest Media Play Yet? Disney, Fox, Warner Bros., Universal’s Problems Have Just Begun - February 14, 2018
- Deadpool 2 Trailer: Meet Cable - February 7, 2018
- CGC Insider #12 – Ink Transfer and Color Rub - January 4, 2018
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #2: Funko Hunting - December 31, 2017