It’s hard to believe that Aspen Comics, the company founded by the late and beloved creator Michael Turner, is turning ten this coming January. That’s ten years of inspired artwork, ten years of action and adventure, ten years of fantastic new worlds that leap off the page!
In celebration of their 2013 milestone, the publisher will launch its most ambitious project yet, the “Aspen 10 for 10” initiative. For ten straight months beginning in February, Aspen will release a new series each month, comprised of five returning Aspen favorites and five fresh, never-before-seen titles. Not only that, but each debut issue will retail for only one dollar, a perfect introductory price. “To say we’re excited and a little frightened would be an understatement,” says Vince Hernandez, the editor-in-chief at Aspen Comics. “It is, by far, the largest program we have ever attempted, but I’m certain our talented creators and dedicated production and editorial team will come through like pros, while honoring the legacy of our founder.”
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #1 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
- Stan Lee Abduction, Abuse, Theft of $5,000,000 Assets, Scripted Video Threats Alleged In Court Application - July 8, 2018
- Fired Political Cartoonist Rob Rogers Keeps Cartooning About Trump, Now on Patreon - June 19, 2018
- Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 Sells for $2,052,000 After Bidding Resumes at Comic Connect - June 12, 2018
- Do Over: Multi-Million Dollar Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 Back on the Auction Block Due to Technical Glitch - June 12, 2018
- [UPDATE, Sale Not Final] Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 Sells for $2,007,500 at Comic Connect - June 11, 2018