There is so much to decide. How much of the power is in the talent, how much is in the office? There’s an ability to make a comic, sure, but what about making it sell? Whose actions now, today, are changing the way the comics industry will look tomorrow?
Bleeding Cool hopes to answer these question on Wednesday with the launch of Bleeding Cool Magazine #1 and the Top 100 Power List Of The Comic Book Industry, written by me. Modelled along the lines of the Forbes and the Media Guardian 100, it looks specifically at the English-speaking comics industry.
Although unlike those publications, Bleeding Cool is including a chase element – get as many autographs as you can of those on the list, on the print version of the magazine, and you can win big prizes.
And it also means that come convention season, all sorts of people are going to be asked for their autograph. Bob Wayne, Nick Lowe, Ross Richie and many more.
This could be fun! Bleeding Cool Magazine #1, which also has things like Alan Moore and Mike Richardson interviews, a mini-price guide and plenty of blind item comic gossip is available from all good comic shops (and maybe even a couple of bad ones) on Wednesday.
- Sacha Baron Cohen’s ‘Who Is America?’ Exposes the TV Endorsement – Like Brass Eye Did 20 Years Ago - July 16, 2018
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, DC and Marvel Comics, Spring 2018 - July 15, 2018
- Big Hero 6’s Gus Vasquez Needs a Hero of His Own - July 15, 2018
- Zenescope Brings a Different Flavour to Women In Comics Panels at San Diego Comic-Con - July 15, 2018
- Mike Holman and Lee Thompson Promoted at Diamond Comics UK in John Hitchen’s Absence - July 15, 2018