Ostensibly, the reason for the release is to pass on some quotes from Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, recurring writers of Bond movies. The motivation, I’m sure, is to spread awareness of the festival.
Sepaking at the fest, Purvis and Wade said Skyfall is going to be their last contribution to the series.
We were going to stop with Quantum of Solace, but it’s good to go out on a high with Skyfall.
But it was Wade who let the cat out of the bag:
We’re very happy to have done five Bond movies, I think we’ve gotten it to a good place. I know that John Logan and Sam Mendes have come up with a plot for another one, which takes the pressure off because these films take up a lot of time.
Is this an indication that Mendes is planning to return for more? Or at least that he was?
Well, perhaps – but we won’t actually know until somebody tells us. I don’t think Mendes is in the habit of dreaming up films for other directors, but there’s a first time for everything and if he had a good idea, that would be far better an option than letting it go to waste.
Purvis and Wade are lucky enough to have Chan Wook Park attached as the director of their upcoming gangster film Corsica ’72. Hopefully that will move ahead and establish them as more than ‘the Bond guys.’
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014