I’m not sure these tweets tell the whole story but Safety Not Guaranteed‘s Colin Trevorrow, who I am personally still pretty convinced is involved with some upcoming Star Wars project in some way or another, has stated the following:
To clarify, there is another film we all love that I’m currently trying not to mess up. Odds I will direct Episode VII: 3720 to 1.
With “another film” he’s referring to the interview he gave in the summer and which I commented on last night. He had said that he’s going to embark on a project with well-loved “mythology” and he’s feeling the pressure not to bung it up.
Now, when asked to clarify his tweet and if he’s “officially” saying that he’s “out of the running,” Trevorrow added:
That is what I am saying.
For those playing along with this weird four-dimensional bingo at home, the options now are:
- He’s lying.
- He’s involved in the writing.
- He was up for the job but another candidate got it.
- Somehow, all of this fuss whipped up over nothing and he was never involved at all.
I don’t buy that last option, not for one second.
Anyway, mark your cards accordingly. I’ll go back to publicly hoping for Gary Ross now it doesn’t seem impossible any more.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014