James Wan is to direct a sequel to his own not-quite-a-haunted-house-movie, Insidious. Officially subtitled Chapter 2, it’s now set for release on August 30th next year.
Film District’s press release notes that Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, and Ty Simpkins will all be reprising their roles from the last film, and Leigh Whannell is once again writing the script.
But what about Joseph Bishara? He was Lipstick Face, and I’d be surprised if he doesn’t make some kind of appearance, swaying to something from Woody Allen’s record collection and looking like Dianne Ladd in Wild at Heart.
Film District’s CEO says:
We are all very excited to see the next chapter of James and Leigh’s vision of the Further.
Well, it was Wan’s best film to date, and easily so.
If Insidious was essentially a riff on Poltergeist, I’m curious to see how close to Poltergeist 2 we go this time. I bet we do at least spend some more time “on the other side.”
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014