Word of Tennant’s involvement was passed along to us this evening. Here’s what we have been told, word for word:
Yes. David Tennant will be back in time for the Doctor Who anniversary. Be prepared to be surprised…
Too late for preparation, I’m afraid, because I’m rather surprised already.
It somehow doesn’t seen very Moffat-y to me. I really thought he was trying to draw a line between his era as show runner and everything that came before. I guess there might be space for Tennant and, if he’d only play along, Christopher Eccleston, seeing as Moffat has written for both before.
It’s worth noting that we have also asked our Who-adjacent friends about John Simm returning as The Master. That’s another persistent rumour that pops up in our inbox every now and then, alongside the Tennant one, but unless somebody we know to have some kind of vantage point on the issue can comment, we’ll have to just keep shrugging. Would be nice though, right?
Hearsay has told me that there will be two anniversary specials for the show, though this is far from confirmed and it may yet turn out to be several, or just one. Moffat has apparently been laying the groundwork for the anniversary storyline for some time. I can’t help but hope it’s going to be very special.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014