This time last week, Marc Webb and his Amazing Spider-Man sequel collaborators were looking for somebody “dark and edgy” to play Peter’s chum, Harry Osborn.
But as of now, they to have changed their mind a little.
On The Hollywood Reporter‘s list of fresh candidates are Sam Claflin, Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth and Boyd Holbrook. That’s a veteran of Pirates 4, of Les Miserables, of Noah and The Host respectively. I’ve seen Redmayne and Booth win plaudits for their performances… the other two, not so much. Not yet.
But they are athletic and good looking, and those are apparently the hot characteristics for an Osborn. This week.
Though – to complicate things somewhat – Booth has been spotted over at Marc Webb’s place with Andrew Garfield and Dane DeHaan, one of the earlier, darker candidates for the role. Are they all just friends? Because, as our very own Linda Ge has noted, wouldn’t it be kind of awkward to have multiple possible Harrys in the same place at once? Hasn’t Marc Webb seen 2LDK?
One has to wonder if the film will feature more than one new, young male role, and if DeHaan and Booth have already filled those parts – or if they were at least about to take their parts in a three-way workshop of some kind.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014