I’d guess that this trailer for Now You See Me has been released ahead of Twilight simply because it features Jesse Eisenberg and Isla Fisher up front. If it was all Mark Ruffalo, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine I doubt they’d have targeted it this way. Still seems like a bit of a mismatch, but I like that, I’m glad it is.
I’m already hooked by this film because I love illusions and stage magic, and I’m always up for a con caper. I read the script for Now You See Me and… well, it could come off pretty well.
Be warned: if you watch closely, a couple of ‘reveals’ are completely and utterly spoiled by this trailer. That’s a pretty poor bit of gamesmanship on the part of the marketeers.
Louis Leterrier isn’t the most exciting of directors in the field but Danny the Dog survived his stylings well enough. Shame he’s opted for the silly CG effects, though – the more you play fair in a con movie the better the con comes off and there’s no magic when the illusions aren’t really happening.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014