It’s not clear if the makers of Disney’s Electric Holiday short were influenced by earlier criticism or if the first promotional images were just misrepresentative, but when Minnie Mouse dreams that she’s skinny in this new short, she’s not the spindly skeleton she was portrayed as before.
Still – this is a cartoon about a children’s character looking at an expensive fashion item which inspires a body image fantasy including an unrealistic change of physique. Doesn’t quite sit right, eh?
Michael Giacchino‘s score was nice enough but that’s not the calibre of animation that Disney are capable of. On the upside, you could say that they didn’t waste their best resources on this thing.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014