For one day only, Amazon are offering the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings trilogy on Blu-ray for just $43.49, down from $119.98. I don’t recall the US release ever being anything like this cheap before. For comparison, the UK set is currently priced at £38.99.
All fifteen discs are all region free, I should note, and the packaging is pretty groovy with actual cases inside, the better to store that gargantuan number of discs nicely. It’s not a huge box either, and fits on my main Blu-ray shelf with ‘normal’ discs just right.
I’ll be embarking on a marathon of these soon, I think, the better to get revved up for The Hobbit. Just me, fifteen discs, a giant bottle of soda, some lembas bread honey cake.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014