Joshua Marston has directed two features to date, both of them incredibly compelling, smart and vital. There was Maria Full of Grace back in 2004, and then this last year, The Forgiveness of Blood – released on Criterion DVD and Blu-ray in just the last few weeks.
So what did he do in the meantime? There were shorts, and episodes of TV shows, and there was, by the looks of things, a certain amount of going around in loops trying to get things going when the entire Hollywood seems to conspire to stop anything from going anywhere.
A few years back, Marston was announced as the writer-director of a secretive, JJ Abrams-produced supernatural thriller. After that announcement? Nothing.
Now, that’s pretty bloody secretive. Or, you know, maybe it never got made. That experience surely influenced this flowchart, thought I wonder what else has happened to Marston that got chopped up and tossed into the mix?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014