The pitch for Triplets is basically the premise for Twins but elevated to the next level of preposterous. Originally, Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger were cast as the twins of the title, now Eddie Murphy is to be added into the mix as their long-list third brother.
Okay, maybe it’s gone up two or three whole levels of preposterous.
A little while ago, Ivan Reitman said that the film was, so far, little more than a concept, a tagline with a movie trailing behind it:
I think that was more of a press release than anything else.
And now it’s a press release and a trade report, as Deadline have named Josh Gad and Ryan Dixon as the two writers charged with fleshing this thing out.
Gad is best known as an actor, and has had great success on Broadway with The Book of Mormon. We’ll get to see him next in 1600 Penn, a sitcom that he’s always Executive Producing.
A final warning: the plot of the first film said six fathers were involved in providing sperm for the experiment that led to, so far, these Triplets. In short, that means we could have three more easily conceived sequels, so to speak, if this one turns out to be a smash.
Thanks to Dreaming Genius for the fake poster.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014