Paramount Pictures have revealed that Star Trek is going to follow where The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, and I don’t just mean Into Darkness.
The first nine minutes of the sequel are to get 3D IMAX preview screenings at around 500 US cinemas showing The Hobbit from December 14th. I imagine that UK cinemas, not to mention those in other countries, will also get in on this promo, but nothing has been confirmed as yet.
Will we get even a basic trailer before this special engagement rolls out? I’d wager we’ll be getting something in the few days preceding – again in sync with the The Dark Knight Rises marketing playbook.
Star Trek Into Darkness features several sequences shot with IMAX cameras – one of them, presumably, makes up the first nine minutes. The 3D was not filmed natively but is a result of post production conversion.
The full film will be released next May.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014