The role of Harry Osborn has been written into the script for the next Spider-Man movie but, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the part is still evolving.
Moving from a “bigger, athletic” type to somebody “dark and edgy,” the production has started their testing with actors like Melancholia‘s Brady Corbet, Chronicle‘s Dane DeHaan and Tetro‘s Alden Ehrenreich.
DeHaan already did the friend-of-a-superhero, simmering-and-rotting-on-the-inside bit in Chronicle. Whether or not that would encourage Marc Webb and Sony to tap him on the forehead this time, I don’t know.
Meanwhile, Michael Bay is testing the potential young leads for his next Transformers film. I wonder if he likes this bit or not? Not much blowing up at this stage, but he can call in lots of good looking young people and have them wash his Ferrari.
The list of potential race car drivers include Luke Grimes, Landon Liboiron, Brenton Thwaites, Jack Reynor and Hunter Parrish. Whoever gets the gig will reportedly be signed for a three-picture deal.
Same goes with the lead female role, apparently the lead-lead and the daughter of Mark Wahlberg’s character. On the docket here are Nicola Peltz, formerly of The Last Airbender, and Isabelle Cornish, formerly of being tucked up in bed by big sister Abbie.
There’s bound to be more than those in the mix, and I dare say we’ll be reading about them in the days and weeks to come. For now, though, the casting process is at least confirming that these rumoured roles do exist in the film and need filling.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014