The script for the new Robocop features several different looks for our lead character, aside from the not-yet-shot, pink-and-juicy human stylings of Joel Kinnaman.
In a draft of the script that was doing the rounds in recent months, Robocop’s first suit is scrapped after a focus group deride it for looking like a toy from the 80s. That’s not the end of the redesigns, however – he keeps getting tweaked and altered, all the way through the first hour’s worth or so. The final version also has transformer-like capabilities, switching between a so-called “social mode” and “combat mode.”
I think what we’re looking at here is this “combat mode,” based on how well armoured he is. I expect some CG effects will show these extra shields moving into position.
REMOVED AT REQUEST OF MGM AND SONY
That pic was posted to Instagram by Davor Mazumic. Quite how he managed it I do now know, but I am certainly grateful.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014