On Friday night the BBC will be airing their annual fundraiser, Children in Need and I can almost smell the right wing press sharpening their claws right now.
I, however, continue to respect if not indeed love the BBC, and not least because it gives over whole evenings around the year to drive up awareness and raise money for some veritable good causes – and while they’re about it, they even give us new Doctor Who into the same bargain.
This Friday, they’ll be airing a preview of this Christmas’ Who special as well as a specially-shot, brand new prequel minisode.*
We don’t know much about the minsode other than it’s going to be short and it’s going to lead into the Christmas story and between that and the episode preview we’re going to get our first look at The Doctor and Clara, his new companion, coming eye to eye.
Because those sink plunger things don’t count as eyes, technically. And even then that’s assuming Oswin is Clara. She’s played by the same actress, sure, but there’s something fishy going on.
Here’s the first image from the new minisode, as released today by the BBC.
Doctor Who, featuring Matt Smith, will bring viewers an extra special ‘prequel’ to its Christmas special, with a bespoke storyline made for Children in Need, and an exclusive preview trailer of the Christmas special including the first glimpse of the Doctor with his new companion.
See you here on Friday night for a little discussion, then.
*They call them prequels, but by definition, a prequel has to come in the wake of a pre-published work, so it’s not strictly accuate.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014