Two more SHIELD agents have been recruited, with The Hollywood Reporter naming Elizabeth Henstridge and Ian De Caestecker as the latest additions to Joss Whedon and ABC Studios’ pilot.
Each of the two new agents, it is noted, is particularly young for their fields – not to mention rather telegenic. Interestingly, their both Brits too. Henstridge hails from Sheffield and was in Hollyoaks; De Caestecker was born in Scotland and starred in The Fades.
Henstridge will be playing the “science” specialist Agent Gemma Simmons – just general science, seemingly; De Caestecker will be Agent Leo Fitz, technology whizz.
Apparently these two characters will spend a lot of their time together and a lot of that time bickering. If there’s a variant on the old Moonlighting will-they-or-won’t-they in the SHIELD show, this would likely be where we’d find it.
That there’s two Brits and their characters will be spending a lot of time together on the show does make we wonder if the roles are written as British too. I know you have to be born in the US to become the president, but how about an Agent of SHIELD?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014