Frank Marshall, producer of the Bourne and Indiana Jones movies, is married to Kathleen Kennedy, the new head honcho at Lucasfilm and producer of the next Star Wars picture. Sensing that pillow talk would have him in the loop, MTV grilled Marshall a little when they caught up with him this week.
And surprise, surprise, Marshall does have some inside information. When asked if he knew who would be directing Episode 7 he admitted:
I do but I can’t reveal it, or I won’t be alive tomorrow… [there’s] a couple of candidates but I don’t know how soon that will be revealed.
Probably before Lucasfilm intend, if I know the internet. Marshall wasn’t exactly pumping the brakes with his comment, either.
Right now it seems pretty sensible to put some money on Colin Trevorrow but even if we take it as read that he’s one of the contenders – and it’s not absolutely certain he is – that still leaves one more.
I’ve got a theory as to who that might be. Just possibly. I’ll be back with the evidence shortly… And no, I’m not going to be saying Gary Ross, though I wish I was.
Footnote: Marshall also told MTV that he thinks Indiana Jones 5 is as frozen as it has been for the last few years. He doesn’t seem too convinced we’ll ever get it. For the best?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014